CONTEST #2: Best Recruiting Blogs of 2007 Sponsored By ZoomInfo.com – Starts This Friday, the 14th & Ends Friday, the 21st
Tis The Season: You may be confused about the fact which contest is which, but at the end of the year, Jason Davis, Visionary King of the Recruitment Blogosphere – puts on a “Best Blog of the Year” Contest.
Last year there was controversy in that yours truly won twice as many votes as the site awarded. How? Well there was a “popular” vote, and a “Vote By Committee.” Joel Cheesman is a good friend and I love his site and he won the vote by committee. it’s all bygones. I’m a fan of Cheezhead and especially Recruitingblogs.com and its founder.
That was the old chapter with Recruiting.com, this year as Jason Davis heads up an 800 member vibrant community at RecruitingBlogs.com – the rules have not only changed to popular vote, but has diversified into a splendid listing of categories.
Of Course, one key aspect to note: BEST OVERALL BLOG – wins the big prize. That means Vegas baby!
- But wait, what about the other contest you already voted for? Yes, true, there is the OTHER great contest held by Craig Silverman’s HIREABILTY. The prize has yet to be announced – I HEAR IT’s HUGE! Hmm is it a 60 inch flat screen tv maybe? Or is it a trip to Hawaii? jk
Maybe Craig will announce it at SixDegrees?
You can Vote Today tinyurl.com/ywhkgf for “SixDegreesFromDave.com as Best Overall Blog if you are so inclined – for the Hireability Contest …. next week it will be a whole new and final contest with the RecruitingBlogs.com event
So to reiterate, two cool contests. But to that end, “Jay Dee” has challenged Craig on “Coolness” with a song. (Mind you I have heard Jay Dee sing, and it is much much better than this example:
Best Overall Blog:
A trip to Vegas from ZoomInfo
Now until Dec 12, 2007 midnight
How To Nominate:
Email Jason Davis Your Nominations – Please include a category for each nomination
1. A continually updated list of nominees will be posted on RecruitingBlogs.com
2. All nominees will go into a survey system for the vote.
Winners will be decided by popular vote alone.There will be no panel making any sort of decisions as to who is really the best recruiting blog out there. He or she or it who gets the most votes in “The Best Over All Recruiting Blog” category starting Dec 14/2007 wins. Period.
Dec 14 to Dec 21/2007 midnight. Will provide the link to a survey with all blogs that were nominated.
Please email me your nominations
Best Recruiting Blog Categories:
1. Best Over All Recruiting Blog
2. Best Job Hunting Blog
3. Best Corporate Recruiting Blog
4. Best Third Party Recruiting Blog
5. Best Sourcing/Research Blog
6. Best Group Blog
7. Best Recruiting Technology Blog
8. Best Recruiting Industry Blog
9. Best HR Blog
10. Best Recruiting Blogosphere Personality
11. Best RecruitingBlogs.com Page