It pains me to see so many good people effected by bad times. I see the effects of this economy every time I send a message to the group and see how many bounce back due to untimely layoffs. It reinvigorates me however to understand the impact that the Top ten listings, or contacts in general I share out of my own address book can provide to those in fear of, or who have already been laid off. These lists are your opportunity should you seize it, to make quality relationships with some of the best and bright, the most active, and most compassionate in our industry who have time and again proven to me that they will pass it forward. I cannot think of better people to know or a better reason to add them to your collective networks.
Don’t be one of those who opens this newsletter only to miss the chance to upload, send a personalized invite acknowledging the collective of our group. You know that adage of the ship coming in? You may be one of those who had several come to port but never walked on board. The end result is watching opportunity sail away. Now is not the time to be insulated from an increasingly tight labor market. I know one thing and I repeat it often – we in the staffing industry are the first ones on board and the first ones found expendable when budget cuts arise.
The listings I send are life vests. Hold on tight, wave, yell collectively to be noticed and accomplish something for one another and yourselves. I want nothing less than to empower you.
1) I am specifically seeking Corporate Staffing Executives and Managers willing to be interviewed for http://RecruitingBlogs.com and our newsletter. Please contact me directly to inform me of your interest.
2) I am available for speaking opportunities both nation-wide and globally. I am happy to meet your groups and associations. Contact me directly.
3) Please bookmark and start visiting http://www.SixDegreesfromDave.com for your daily coffee read. The perks start there!
1) Tell them Dave Mendoza from SixDegrees from Dave recommended you Connect. (I Double Check ! Serious I always find out who hasn’t given credit)
2) NEVER, EVER – solicit, spam those listed. You will be removed as a member. It undermines the reputation of our approach to extend authentic and sincere, networking value. Even if tempted because you are seeking job opportunities and you see a manager – best to start subtle, outreach with a paragraph about yourself in your invite – ask how you can bring value – First.
3) Send invites that include your contact signature, and a bio paragraph to make a lasting first impression.
Pass It Forward Friends,
Six Degrees from Dave