Master CyberSleuth, Shally Steckerl, Biography
Starting his career in technical recruiting in 1996 Shally Steckerl has consulted with such industry giants as Google, Coca-Cola, Cisco Systems, Motorola and Best Software. From early in his career he has developed techniques that dramatically increase recruitment productivity and allow companies to exploit the Internet. He has been teaching those techniques to staffing leaders since 1998.
Shally is Founder of JobMachine, Inc., the premier leader in Advanced Sourcing Strategies and Methodologies Training. (To inquire about training proposals, click here)
Currently, Shally manages the Research arm of Microsoftâ€™s Core Technical Central Sourcing Team. Previously, he consulted at Google where he built a central sourcing organization that produced 100 hard to find female Engineering hires per quarter in extremely demanding, technically advanced disciplines. Shally is a proven leader in the development and implementation of Best Practices in Centralized Sourcing organizations.
While at Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc., Shally consulted on Talent Acquisition strategy, fulfilling an average of 4 offers per week in a full-lifecycle recruitment environment. He was responsible for supporting all corporate hiring managers and functional channels throughout North America, staffing an average of 120 simultaneous open positions in a large manufacturing organization with 74,000 worldwide employees. Experienced in enforcing adherence to consistent hiring practices and coaching department managers, Shally is in a unique position to provide consulting on large corporate hiring practices.
During his tenure at Cisco Systems, Inc., Shally was a Senior Member of the eCruiting organization, defining Ciscoâ€™s online Recruiting Strategy. There he supported Ciscoâ€™s Recruitment Intelligence Operations, responsible for research and development of aggressive tactical and strategic Internet sourcing methods, along with training fellow recruiters on how to utilize aggressive Internet recruitment tactics. Before Cisco Shally was a Senior Internet Sourcing Specialist with Motorolaâ€™s Global Talent Supply Team where he successfully applied his approach in a very demanding technology multinational. Previous to working as a Contract Recruiter, Shallyâ€™s clients in the Contingency Staffing industry included MCI, IBM, Oracle, Digital Equipment Corporation, First American Financial, TOSCO, Cendant, IMS Health, Excel, PepsiCo and Frito Lay.
The advanced methods he practices and teaches have been replicated throughout many large corporate organizations worldwide. With over nine years of experience in all aspects of Recruiting, Shally is capable of assessing, teaching, mentoring and implementing successful global Recruitment methods.
SUMMARY FOR PRESS AND PUBLICATIONS
Since 1998 Shally Steckerl from JobMachine.net has been providing the most progressive consulting and training services to recruitment industry leaders like Google, Coca-Cola, Cisco Systems, Motorola, Disney, Hall Kinion, Wal-Mart and TMP Worldwide. Consistently innovating tactical and strategic methods, Shally has helped bring international acclaim to JobMachine.net. These extremely effective methods reduce the time to find qualified candidates for positions of all levels in every industry. Shally has nine years of business experience in the U.S., Latin America and Australia. He has a B.S. in International Business with a focus on Information Technology from well-respected Rochester Institute of Technology.
Starting his career in technical recruiting in 1996 Shally Steckerl has consulted with such industry giants as Google, Coca-Cola, Cisco Systems, Motorola and Best Software. From early in his career he has developed techniques that dramatically increase recruitment productivity and allow companies to exploit the internet. He has been teaching those techniques to staffing leaders since 1998.
Currently, Shally manages the research arm of Microsoftâ€™s Core Technical Central Sourcing team. He previously consulted at Google where he built a central sourcing organization that produced 100 hard to find female engineering hires per quarter in extremely demanding, technically advanced disciplines. At Coca-Cola Enterprises he fulfilled an average of 4 offers per week in a full-lifecycle recruitment environment. During his tenure at Cisco Systems, Inc., Shally was a senior member of the eCruiting organization, defining their online recruiting strategy. While at Motorola, Shally was a Senior Internet Sourcing Specialist with the Global Talent Supply team where he successfully applied his approaches in a very demanding high-tech multinational.
Shally is a proven leader in the development and implementation of best practices in centralized sourcing organizations. The advanced methods he practices and teaches have been replicated throughout many large corporate organizations worldwide. With over nine years of experience in all aspects of recruiting, Shally is capable of assessing, teaching, mentoring and implementing successful global recruitment methods.
ASSOCIATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
– Why Traditional resume mining and job board sourcing doesn’t work well outside the United States – OnRec Expo, Chicago, IL September 13, 2006
– From Sourcing to Calling – Recruiting the Best Passive Talent – Electronic Recruiting Expo, Hollywood Beach, FL September 12, 2006
– Human Capital Institute Talent Acquisition: Strategic Sourcing and Recruitment Panel Webcast June, 2006
– Break Through the Clutter: Email techniques that command candidates’ attention, A Zoominfo webinar June, 2006
– Building e-Relations – Maintaining an Online Network: A presentation at the Las Vegas, NV Kennedy Information’s Recruiting 2006 Conference & Expo on May 11, 2006
– The Latest on Internet Recruiting: A presentation at HRCA in San Jose, CA April 25, 2006
– Bill Vick Interviews Shally: Podcast available on XtremeRecruiting April 2006
– Sourcing And Talent Acquisition: A SHRM Webinar, April 2006
– Extreme Recruiting Live – Internet Datamining San Diego, CA March 2006
– Inside Microsoft’s Talent: A Landed.fm Interview
– Shally, Partially Exposed Part 1 – The Passionate Architect Featured on The Recruiting Animal, Part 2
– Happy About LinkedIn for Recruiting: Feature interviewee in this PodBook that contains over 40 live audio interviews with recruiting industry leaders on how to use the LinkedIn network.
-“Just In Time” Hiring: Best Practices for Recruiters – A Kennedy Information Speaker.
– Future of Recruitment – Trends & Strategies for 2006 – An online panelist.
– Stand out in the crowd: Learn winning candidate communication strategies – A Zoominfo speaker.
– Human Capital Institute (HCI) Sourcing Strategy Thought Leadership Panelist
– SHRM EMA NJ Metro
– SHRM EMA Seattle
– Electronic Recruiting Exchange (ERE) Author, Member, Blogger and Speaker
– ERE Expo 2005 Spring
– Onrec nominee: Personality of the Year 2004
– IQPC 8th Annual Recruiting & Staffing Summit
– HRCA Internet Recruiting Tactics
– PassingNotes Contributor
– HireAbility Speaker
– TeamHiring Advisor