Posted on July 15, 2008
Filed Under Top Ten | Comments Off on MEGA Linkedin Networking Industry Day – 21,000 Thank you
I want to publicly thank above all, Jorrit Blok and his team at Otys E-recruiting Systems as well as Yves Loiseau at Otys France for organizing and generously sponsoring a magnificent three city speaking and networking tour for me. I visited Amsterdam and Veenendaal in Holland, Paris, France and Barcelona, Spain and shared best practices and the merits of being Linkedin within our industry.
I’m jet lagged but I have many stories to tell my friends, alas until then, I am compelled to impart sharing the contacts I have made on my journeys to make each of the special moments shared with these peers outlast the original positive impressions made.
I am grateful for each opportunity to travel and meet peers who are always so willing to share and to demonstrate the uniqueness of our industry’s best practices on a global scale. I appreciate the complexity, the nuances of culture – but the passion of what we do for our industry is the common thread.
To all the friends I have made this past year, I thank you for bringing me into your world. We have together shared personal and professional experiences to be stored in reflection and with heart felt sentiment for the memories our meetings continue to evoke. To all those who have participated in the SixDegrees Invite networking engagements over the last year – Your friendships enrich me daily and hence, why I continue to try to give back to those who give so much of their own time and creativity. Giving is only a matter of resources, mental, physical and social, – a gesture can go a long way to changing someone’s life.
I return with batteries recharged, a little wiser and culturally adept at understanding that, indeed, one size doesn’t fit all. You have to express the desire to want to learn to have others express willingness to teach.
Until then, be sure to read our group’s mother site, SixDegreesfromDave.com daily for more updates. As members, remember it is your site for you to learn and share.
** Be sure to mention my name as the source of referral in each Linkedin invite you send please.
QUICK EASY WAY TO DOWNLOAD THE MEGALIST FILE, then Upload it into Linkedin with a customized invite:
CLICK & SAVE AS CSV on your computer: http://sixdegreesfromdave.com/MEGALIST.xls
1) CLICK: http://sixdegreesfromdave.com/MEGALIST.xls
2) When you save the file to your computer, be sure you save as a .csv (comma-delimited) file – don’t rename.
3) Prepare to upload the saved CSV MEGALIST file into Linkedin. Go to Linkedin’s MASS UPLOAD page, CLICK HERE
4) On this Linkedin page, you will see “ADD CONTACTS” – You need to click “BROWSE” (upload the MEGALIST you saved as a CSV) then “UPLOAD CONTACTS FILE”
5) Once it Uploads, ***click select all** box so that everyone uploaded is set up to receive an invitation simultaneously!
6) Make ABSOLUTELY SURE you click on the right side where it says to personalize message that is being sent. In that box, type something like “I was referred by Dave Mendoza/SixDegrees to contact you,” and add brief info about who you are, and your preferred contact info (as you should in the text of all invitation texts).
WARNING: Before you click to send, double-check that your personalized invitation text is included, then send.
NOTE: Many have asked to join this list. Too many lol. Thank you. The value in my list is in the Criteria for selection: People I Personally Know & Admire. I’ve worked with/known personally/have verifiable impact on our industry. To connect with each of them is your value, inviting leaders and megastars in their craft. All listed are equally “must haves” in your network! If I did one for every one who asked, I would be unable to promote ALL 12,000 people and my list would lose credibility. Please understand. If I do not know you, please do not ask to be on the list. Let’s make the opportunity to be introduced someday.
LINKEDIN MASS UPLOAD LINK
MEGALIST UPLOAD FILE (Must “Save As” CSV)