Posted on May 1, 2007
Filed Under Default | Comments Off on Shally’s Way: Why do you Blog?
By Shally Steckerl, Chief Cybersleuth, Founder, JobMachine Inc,
On May 9th some of us bloggers are addressing an audience as a panel to attempt to answer a few questions about blogging in the recruit-o-sphere. “Blogging from “Guerrilla” Marketing to Mainstream Recruiting“
- Why do you blog?
- What do you prefer to blog about?
- Where do you receive your inspiration from?
- Who do you write your blog for?
- How much blogging has impacted your business/company’s recruiting brand?
- When do you find the time to blog?
- Why do you blog?
- I blog to elevate the profession of sourcing and research, inspire a sea change, and bring our industry into peopleâ€™s hearts and minds. < ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Sourcing and research strategy, techniques, tools and automation. In short, things that help us find talent quicker, cheaper and in a sustainable way.
- Search engine blogs, my fellow researchers, people attending my presentations, science fiction books and movies, and the problems I encounter along with my customers as we apply techniques I demonstrate.
- Fellow recruiters, sourcers, researchers and staffing industry leaders who want to understand why this role is critical to an organizationâ€™s success.
- Considerably. Participating in online communities like the ERE blogs, other peopleâ€™s blogs, and discussion groups has helped me understand what the gaps and misconceptions are in our industry which in turn helps me address them or explain them.
I sleep only the third Sunday of each month, I have eight arms and I have discovered the secret to cloning. No, actually, like the Dread Pirate Roberts thereâ€™s more than one Shally.
P.S. Come visit me in Vegas!